Sunday, November 08, 2009

DAYS 53- ROME & DAY 54- GENOA ITALY





























Had a fairly quiet day yesterday in Rome as we stayed on the ship. The port is 1 ½ hours away from the city each way and since we had already been last time here we decided to have an easy day. Plus msc were charging $300pp for excursion which is ridiculous!
We had planned to spend the day in the sun on the ship but the weather had other ideas and the sky got blacker and blacker, then it rained- so a day with another book was spent reading!

Overate cos we didn’t do any exercise, then ate some more before reading some more. I said to Graeme it is the first time we have ever spent pretty much the best part of a day reading! I got a new Dean Koontz novel about a man who needs a heart transplant and ends up getting one through an Asian meat market type racquet for millionaires- so very weird!

Day 54 we docked at Genoa Italy which is where we got on for the first cruise. The weather was wet again but we decided to venture out anyway and walked the charming little streets just exploring. There are lots of statues on buildings and fantastic architecture here, along with flower stalls, fish shops, and bakeries.

Went back to the ship after a couple of hours and with very wet feet to warm up- think the sunbathing isn’t going to materialize from now on as the temp has really dropped.
We have the standard life jacket drill soon- so spanky in our titanic lifejackets- albeit in dazzling orange. I wanted to wag and hide out in the room but Graeme said he will tell on me (he can Never do anything remotely illegal!!) sigh…………

5 comments:

Danni said...

Oh that is sad about the weather!!!

Oh and by the way mum I am getting a really good tan as my legs are brown but I can tell because i my sneaker makes on my feet lol hows yours going !

Love Danni
xoxoxoxox

Danni said...

This is also the answer to your last blog,

No I did not dance at the disco as is was yr 3 to yr 6 Only!
I had a good friday. Nana and poppa gave me $5 and i found $2.20 in my pocket. But Charlotte forgot her money so I split my money up to get her some things to and she is going to pay me back on Monday.

Love Danni
xoxoxoxoxox

deliverygirlnz said...

Hi Dan
My tan??hmmm…. well it is fading in the cold and the rain, but Im sure I will get a lovely one when I get home to NZ (you smarty!)
Good that you enjoyed you fun day at school and shared your money when a friend needed it.
We leave the ship tomorrow so not long till we are home- although its takes us 3 days to get there!!

I contacted the kennels too this week and Shylah is still happy and playing with other dogs- but demands a big pat whenever Lea puts her back in her run! And Elvis is still being wicked apparently, so is in isolation but can see everything that is going on and taunts the dogs through the glass Lea said. I Cannot wait to get them back home with us- have missed them almost as much as you guys!!!

Knapgoes said...

Oooh la la love the look of the cocktail! hmmmm you can make me a replica when you get back! I can loung by your pool sipping it pretending I am on a ship and Graeme can make some ship noises then Denise can teach me the lifejacket drill!

deliverygirlnz said...

Hey Cath- see thats why we have missed all your comments of late!! You are so funny and the life boat drill/ship noises etc are being practised right now!!

We will have a few fantastic sunny girly days around the pool these holidays I feel and I have already perfected the line "Jack? Jaaaccckkk" from the Titanic while I was on the cruise, so you are sweet lmao!