Friday, June 22, 2007

Things We've Learnt on our Travels








Things Denise has learnt along the way..............


Travelling is a great way to learn about yourself

I've learned that I am alot more laid back then I ever thought I'd be

Human kindness transcends language and culture -there are many lovely people in the world

You can learn alot travelling down a foreign highway

All the NZ soldiers laid to rest overseas are well respected by their caretakers in Europe

Our dollar may be poor but we live rich lives in comparison to many

The very best thing I brought with me was a decent pair of earplugs- the difference between getting woken in hotels and having a great nights sleep every night!

You dont need to take 10 pairs of knickers overseas!

Always carry an umbrella -for sun as well as rain

Your bladder can hang on far longer than you think!

You can survive a squat toilet!

Hotels should always give couples an extra toilet for the smelly boys!!

Things Graeme has learnt about himself...........

I have found I am a control freak

I hate being out of my comfort zone, but find it exciting at the same time

Even though I am quieter, I get far more uptight than Denise !

Going commando is far better than washing your undies!

I think that big, hairy, fat farm working women are interesting to watch..yeah right!

To hear "You from NZ? Key-a-ora Mate"from a Turkish man in the Grand Bazaar is truely bizarre!

I love busy cities

The world is just far too big a place to sit at home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful!
We all learn how good New Zealand is, when we go overseas.
Remember, one pair of underpants can be worn four different ways before they need washing.